Mercantile Exchange is looking for motivated Sales Associates to join our thriving FX sales and dealing team in our Montreal office. This is an exciting opportunity in a corporate environment where you will be exposed to the competitive foreign exchange, payments and financial services sector. The successful candidate will offer their knowledge, experience and confidence to build credibility with prospects and generate new business over the phone.
Working closely with experienced Managers, candidates will learn a broad suite of foreign exchange and payment solutions, online technologies and settlement options. The Associateâ€™s primary responsibility will be to generate new business over the phone and execute foreign exchange orders. Sale Associates will pursue and close new business opportunities by taking prospects from lead through to onboarding them as clients.
Associates will be required to achieve monthly and quarterly new business targets â€“ and will be remunerated on business revenue generated from clients.
We offer a base salary + competitive commission structure.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated success with cold calling.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in conjunction with building credibility and confidence to liaise with senior level positions.
- Demonstrated perseverance when establishing & building relationships with clients.
- Inside or outside sales experience. Telesales experience is a definite asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to deliver results within required deadlines.
- Demonstrated level of sales confidence during the interview process.
- The ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Bilingual in English and French is required and multilingual skills are an asset.
- A self-starting, independent thinker looking for an opportunity to assume significant responsibility for business growth.
- Thrive in a competitive, success oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Perform a high volume of outbound calls.
- Drive to achieve monthly targets by identifying, contacting and selling prospects on the value Mercantile Exchange can bring to their respective businesses.
- Convince a prospect to move from a warm lead to become a Mercantile Exchange client by completing an application in order to conduct a first time trade.
- Set an appointment with a prospect to conduct either a phone discussion or a face-to-face meeting.
- Continually market to prospects to move to Mercantile Exchange by making periodic calls, sending timely market updates and marketing materials.
- Make regular updates to the company CRM system.
- Source and generate leads for potential new business.
- Ability to adjust your communication style to cater to different audiences using tact, diplomacy and listening skills.
Abilities and Attributes
- Strong sense of professionalism.
- Tenacity, resilience and a positive outlook.
- Drive to succeed.
- Ability to work in a metrics reporting environment.